5 Reasons Why That Listing May Linger
DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | TUESDAY, APRIL 26, 2016
If a home for sale is taking longer to sell than you thought, it may be due to common problems like overpricing, unflattering listing photos, and maintenance issues.
In a new video at realtor.com®, Cara Ameer with Coldwell Banker counts down the five main reasons why homes don’t sell.
1. Pricing: When the price is right, buyers will flock to it. Revisit the comps. Here's some advice that will help your clients find the magic number.
2. Editing: How is the presentation of the home? Does the décor and furniture work well together to create an attractive, inviting space? A deep-clean, declutter, and some staging may be needed to spruce up your listing. These staging tips can help present the home in a way that appeals to a wide-range of buyers.
3. Photography: How are the photos of the property online? Were the photos taken on a sunny day? Do the photos depict the space in best possible light? If you want a home to appeal to buyers, you'll want to make sure to avoid these common photo mistakes.
4. Maintenance: Are there any undone maintenance items that the home owners have put off? Tackle any house projects to avoid buyer hesitation.
5. Relaunch as a new listing: Sometimes relaunching may be a strategy to consider. Get a new MLS number, add some new photos, and do some staging to show all the changes you’ve made and give it another go.
Source: “5 Reasons Your Home Isn’t Selling,” realtor.com® (April 25, 2016)